What to expect
If you are receiving NHS treatment at St John’s Dental Practice, here’s a run-down of what you can expect from your appointment:
- A full examination of your mouth, teeth and gums. Sometimes this, and subsequent treatments, may be carried out by dental students. The dental student treating you will be supervised by a qualified dentist.
- Questions about your general health and any problems you have had with your teeth, mouth or gums since your last visit
- Discussion and advice on your diet, smoking and drinking habits
- Questions about your cleaning regime and advice on the most appropriate products and techniques for you
- Discussion of any risks, as well as costs, of any treatment you require
- Scheduling of your next visit
Please note, if you incorrectly claim free NHS prescriptions or free or reduced cost dental treatment, you’re at risk of getting a Penalty Charge Notice.Book an appointment
Enhancing your smile in Dorchester
NHS treatment only covers what you personally need to enjoy healthy teeth and gums. If you are concerned about your smile, you may want to discuss an elective cosmetic treatment at St John’s Dental Practice, such as dental implants or teeth whitening, which you can access privately. We also offer a range of payment plans and finance options to help you spread the cost of your dental treatment.
Book an appointment
You can view details of NHS fees on the NHS Choices website.